We’ve been offering great products and great service ever since we were founded in 1946.
Our key focus is AVAILABILITY ensuring you have access to the VALUE-DRIVEN products and services you want, when and where you need them. All backed-up by our industry-leading EXPERTISE and CUSTOMER SERVICE that makes partnering with us as EASY and HASSLE-FREE as possible.
We stock products by all the well-known manufacturers, but also a range of own brands that are designed and manufactured using our many years of electrical expertise to offer great quality products to suit every pocket.
We also offer a wide range of services (some in conjunction with our key suppliers) to help make our customer’s lives a little easier and more efficient.
Innovation is also a forte, as we’re constantly on the look out for exciting new products to give you the widest possible choice.
- Established in Bristol in 1946 by Henry Denman, Denmans Electrical Wholesalers started off with one branch in Old Market, Bristol before expanding to Torquay and Taunton in the initial years of trading.
- In 1953, Denmans launched their first own brand – Steeple™, with products including wiring accessories for lighting, trunking, conduit accessories, distribution, lighting, ventilation, emergency lighting, sundries and heating products. The brand got it’s name from the steeple spire that Henry was able to see from the window of the first Denmans branch in Bristol.
- On Henry’s retirement in 1964, his son, Arnold Denman, became the new Managing Director and continued to expand the company.
- A successful ongoing programme of expansion started in the 1970s, with Denmans now having a network of 70+ branches across the UK.
- The first ever Connector Product Guide was produced in October 1980, consisting of just 4 A3 pages. It has now grown to 84 A4 pages, including product listings, offers pages and useful brand and service information making it the ‘go to’ publication for the Electrical Wholesale industry.
- Denmans Basics™ own brand, covering a full wiring accessories portfolio, including metalclad sockets, emergency lighting, distribution in 240 and 415 Volts and switchgear goods, was launched in March 1999 and in 2016, the Basics™ brand introduced metal consumer units to it’s product portfolio.
- In December 1999 the company was acquired by the Rexel Group.
- Our own brand, MyHeat® Electric Underfloor Heating Systems, launched in September 2007. MyHeat® Electric Underfloor Heating Systems are made exclusively in the UK for Denmans and we offer a FREE design and quote service.
- On the 26th of March 2015 we held our first ever Trade Show at the Hilton Hotel in Bristol. 20 of our key suppliers exhibited including Armeg, Aico, ControlGear, Crompton Lamps, Dimplex, Eaton, Eterna, Fern Howard, Hyco, JCC, Marco Cable Management, Mira, Schneider, Ventcroft and many more!
- In March 2016, we moved our Head Office as well as our Bristol Central Branch into Steeple House on City Business Park, on the outskirts of Bristol.
- In July and September 2016 we extended our network with new branches in Burgess Hill (West Sussex) and Stockport, whilst February 2017 saw us open a branch in Colchester for the first time.
- Our focus on innovation continued in January 2017, with the launch of our latest own brand product – the ‘Steeple’ branded Dimmable LED Fire Rated Downlight, followed later in the year by new Low Bays and Battens.
Rexel is a global leader in the distribution of electrical supplies and services, serving three main end markets: industrial, commercial and residential.
The Group operates in 35 countries, with a network of some 2,100 branches, a distribution network of more than 40 banners and 28,000 employees. Throughout the world, it is accelerating electrical advances in close collaboration with its customers and partners.
In 2012, Rexel recorded sales of €13.5 billion.
Being part of this world leading organisation gives Denmans the resources and backing to provide it’s customers with industry-leading product availability, value and service.